Whether you possess a pair or not, Warmies microwavable slippers are truly groundbreaking. However, you may wonder how long do microwaveable slippers stay warm? Fear not, for Warmies heated slippers will maintain their warmth for up to an hour. But that's not all that makes Warmies microwavable slippers exceptional. This article delves into the duration of heat retention, the numerous benefits they offer, and provides invaluable tips to ensure your slippers remain delightfully cozy.
What are microwavable slippers?
Microwavable slippers are exactly what they sound like: reusable heated slippers that you can pop into the microwave to keep your feet warm for up to an hour at a time. Warmies microwavable footwear can be used for indoor or outdoor use and won't damage your microwave no matter how many times you need to reheat them, just be sure to keep them clean. Warmies microwavable heated slippers also capable of keeping your feet cool and refreshed on those warmer days by letting them sit in the freezer for awhile.
How do Warmies® microwave slippers work?
Warmies microwavable slippers don't warm up on their own like rechargeable heated slippers. The heating process of microwave slippers is quite simple, as all you need to do is place the Warmies slippers into the microwave for the recommended amount of time (anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute depending on the microwave).
Warmies microwavable slipper heating technology comes down to the type of filling that is used. Many other microwavable slippers on the market have a variety of plastic filling (weighted and unweighted) that can retain heat just fine, but plastic filling such as this can pose a health risk as plastic can leach toxins when heated. These toxins are not great to have in a place like your microwave.
Warmies products are filled with natural fibers, such as flax. Flax is capable of retaining heat for up to 40 minutes or longer without posing any risks, making it the ideal material for the microwavable slipper warming process. Warmies products also have real French lavender which releases a relaxing aroma.
The Year Round Benefits of of Warmable Slippers
Microwavable slippers aren't just to keep your feet warm and cozy. These kinds of relaxation slippers can be used for all sorts of reasons beyond basic comfort:
- Pain Relief - Being on your feet all day can end in your feet muscles feeling sore. Your regular run-of-the-mill slippers might not be enough to soothe the aches, whereas the warmth of microwavable slippers will be enough. Heat is a popular tool in pain relief, as heat dilates the blood vessels increasing blood flow to the muscles. If your pain is due to inflammation, you can also find relief by freezing the slippers.
- Improved Circulation - As mentioned earlier, warmth dilates the blood vessels which improves blood flow. This means that using microwavable slippers can improve the circulation in your feet. Many who experience poor circulation in the feet might be suffering from things like obesity, diabetes, or heart conditions.
- Relaxation and Anxiety Relief - If you suffer from anxiety or have a hard time relaxing, Warmies microwavable slippers can be of use. The filling inside includes real French lavender, and lavender has been proven to have calming and relaxing effects. Couple the warmth of the slippers with the soothing aroma of lavender and you have a recipe for sweet relaxation any time of day. This combination can also be useful for right before bedtime.
How to use microwavable slippers correctly
Now that you're considering Warmies micorwavable slippers or already have them, you need to know how to use them correctly. Correct use will keep your Warmies slippers clean, intact, and functioning for years. So here are things to keep in mind when using your slippers:
- Heating In the Microwave - Warmies recommends that you don't leave your slippers for more than 2 minutes at a time. The amount of time that you leave your slippers in the microwave will depend on the strength of your microwave, but typically heat up time will range from 45 seconds to a minute and a half. Be sure to read the instructions that come with the slippers.
- First-Use Moisture - It's common for Warmies products to feel a little damp after microwaving them for the first few times. This is completely normal due to the natural moisture content of the filling material. This will stop happening after the first few uses, but you can always place a towel with the slippers for the first few uses to absorb any moisture.
- Monitor Temperature - If your slippers are overheated, do not put them on. If they are too hot they can damage your skin. Excessive overheating can also damage the product entirely. Let the slippers cool sufficiently and don't let them sit in the microwave unattended for long periods of time.
- Freezing - If you want your slippers to cool your feet, simply place them in a freezer bag and put them in the freezer for roughly 2 to 3 hours. Cold will help with inflammation, bruising, and common injuries such as that.
- Clean Up - If your slippers get dirty, do not place them in the washer or submerge them in water. This will destroy the filling and prevent it from functioning properly in the future. Instead, use a clean damp cloth to clean the slippers. You can use small amounts of stain removing products if you have tough stains.
- Guidance on Reheating - Each and every one of Warmies' products are designed to be used and reheated over and over again. All that you need to do is follow the guidelines above and ensure that you are letting the product cool in between reheating them to prevent damage.
How long do microwave slippers stay warm?
We mentioned earlier that Warmies heated slippers retain their warmth for up to an hour. This duration of warmth for microwavable slippers depends largely on the strength of your microwave as well as the temperature of the room. Some users might get 45 minutes of warmth while others get an hour and a half.
If you feel like your microwavable slippers heat retention isn't at the level you desire, you can try out some different ways to retain the heat which we will outline next.
Tips on extending the warmth of microwavable slippers
Retaining heat in microwavable slippers starts with proper care and maintenance. When you receive your Warmies heated slippers you will receive instructions on how to care for them. These instructions include how to clean them, how to store them, and how long to microwave them. So let's explore more of the proper ways to retain heat when using Warmies heating slippers:
- Follow Microwave-Use Recommendations - Leaving the slippers in the microwave for too long can cause damage to the slippers and their filling. You could risk burning the materials, leaving them unable to retain heat properly. Improper heating could even pose a fire risk, but only in extreme situations. Warmies recommends disposing of your product after it cools if overheating does take place.
- Proper Storage - In order for Warmies to maintain their microwavable properties, they need to be stored in a cool, dry place. Avoid leaving your slippers outside or in the bathroom. Instead, leave them in the closet or tucked under your bed when not in use.
- Insulation - Just like we keep our feet warm by using socks, you can use a large sock to keep your Warmies warm. This might only be useful in dire situations, such as extreme cold or if the Warmies are old or damaged. Just find a nice roomy sock that will be able to fit over both your feet and the slippers themselves. If this doesn't work at increasing the heat longevity in microwavable slippers, it may be time to replace them.
So whether you're looking for slippers that will keep your feet warm for hours on end or something to cool your feet off after a long day in the outdoors, Warmies certainly has more than meets the eye. You'll be able to reap all of the benefits that don't seem apparent at first, and you can trust that Warmies slippers are made from the best materials possible that will keep your feet healthy, happy, and stylish. You can explore all the best heated slippers for women and men on our Warmies slippers page. We have a great selection of cozy, cute, and comfortable slippers that will keep your feet feeling soothed after a hard day's work.
When it comes to microwavable slippers, Warmies seems to have the best slippers available on the market. You don't even have to take our word for it either. You can check out our review page here to see what hundreds of real-life Warmies customers have to say about their slippers and how Warmies have changed their lives. For more information about Warmies products, feel free to check out our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact the Warmies team to learn more about how amazing heated slippers are.